Friday, May 6, 2011

Traveling Around the World - London

My short short trip to London. Well, actually it was just a transit, a long one, 12 hours. So what am I suppose to do at the airport then. Might as well go to the city and have a stroll.

London, to me is another big city, well known around the world. And in each cities, you will have similar characteristics, such as traffic jams, huge crowd of homo sapiens moving in one same direction, crowds in subways, in buses. And when it gets dark there will be beautiful lights all over. Yup.. And London was no different. While walking a lot the pavement, I saw Eye on London. It was during the day time when I saw it, it was not as beautiful as it will be at night, but it was huge (compared to Eye on Malaysia).

I wanted to try their public transportation. Went taking the subway, or better known as tube, gosh.. What an experience. I learnt to appreciate Malaysia's LRT and even KTM so much more. It was not air conditioned so when it gets crowded you will feel a bit stuffy and all. But hey, it's summer here and you do notice I was in my sweater, the weather was not warm at all. In fact, it was cold, real cold. Now I understand why Europeans love the sun back home so much.


After going on the subway, I went on the double decker bus. I went upstairs and took the front seat. Wow.. This is actually a good way to see London. You are able to see everything here. It would not be a complete visit to London without going to Big Ben right? So ya.. Big Ben. Nice.


Then I took a stroll to the Queen's Palace. It's quite weird for me that you are actually able to see the palace this close. If the Queen were standing at her balcony, you could wave to her.


There were huge statues and beautiful fountains at the area outside of the palace. A nice place to just chill and breathe in London's air. When I was there, there was this super huge group of people cycling together. Wow.. I felt like everyone in London are on their bike and cycling out together. It was an awesome sight. They were actually obstructing traffic but no one cared.



After the hussle of the cyclist, I had a walk about the park next to the palace. It was a big park, could had lost my way if it was night time. How I wish we have a park like this back home, with cooling weather all day. Ahhh... That would be so relaxing.

Did not manage to get to St Paul Church, cause it was raining and I spent to much time at the park dazing myself out, passed by though.



Since I had a bit of time more to spare, I went walking around the streets, Picadily Street, High Street.. Well I don't really remember which street I was on. But I liked walking around London town with no hussle no rush (with people walking so much in haste around me). I notice something different in London. There have this thing where you can rent a bicycle and cycle around London with it and you can return it to any station any where around London. Cool concept.


There were alot of marble archs around London. And people like gathering at open spaces to show off their moves.


I went to their train central station if I was not mistaken. It propbably was not peak hours. It was a well organised place.




So this was my short little tiny transit trip at London. Short yet I got to know London a bit more.

No comments: