Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Full Day of Fellowship and Professional Development

Waking up that Saturday morning, feeling damn good. Knowing in mind that today will definitely be a good day. Why? Cause I had a full day of activities with my fellow rotaractors.. Wohoo~~

First stop, we gathered at Atrium, our usual meeting venue. The whole morning did not started the way it should, there were people late, people with a lost car plate, people who end up circling around the golden triangle of Kuala Lumpur. Eventually we all made it to Levain Boulangarie for brunch. Phew..

Ahhh.. Levain.. A place with a bit of European authentic bakery sort of touch. Stepping in here makes you feel like slowing down your foot steps then breathe in the scent of good pastries surrounding you. MmmMmmm... Definitely a nice place to chill and relax.





So we got our brunch, a bit too much for ourselves. Hahahaha.. What can you do? Everything looks great, you will just have the urge to take everything you see.









After having satisfying brunch at Levain, here comes the highlight of the day, Cosmo World Theme Park in Berjaya Time Square. Excited..!! It's been awhile seen my last visit to a theme park. Hmm.. (Trying to recall the last time) Should be Taiwan, Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village (九族文化村) . Awesome place to visit. Back to Cosmo World..


We were so energetic after the meal, we went on most of the rides, well, we manage to go on most of the rides because there was no crowd. (^.^) Had alot of fun, until I was "forced" to go on this 360 degree turning ride. OMG...!! I still could not believe I did it. Petrified to the extended that I think I was not breathing at all. James just had to make the whole experience much more fun by informing me "Hey, the ride is almost done.. Now they switch its direction.." God.. I felt like the longest minutes of my life. I think I could barely feel my legs when I got down, hands were cold. Nevertheless, it was fun and exciting, but I will not go on it again...!!! Please....~


Fuh.. After a fun day at Cosmo World, we head to Desire at Asian Heritage Row for a Professional Development session. Yes, for PD..!! Not Fellowship session, just yet.. (^^'').


So what we got to do is that we were in the club during their pre-opening hour, that mean you will be able to see people preparing stuff for the night, the music is not on yet, the whole place is bright like daylight. Nothing like the usual operating club. We met up with Adrian, a friend of Sanjeev, he brought us to the DJ console and showed us how things work. Trying to concentrate after a tiring day is hardwork, especially when he come out with words like eight bar, beats.. Wow.. Ok.. I need to slap myself on the face then. We got to play around with the console, spinning like no ones business (hey, there was no one around..).


After "destroying" the DJ console, up next is the bar. We met the bartender, Ajit, there, he was practising his mixing and juggling skills. He prepared a few drinks for us and served them in shot glasses. Hey, they are shot glasses so it is meant to be finished in a shot. Forgeting that it is alcohol that we are drinking and with the shots kept coming in, we just drink and drink and drink.

After the visit there, on the car I actually felt dizzy. Wow.. Should not had taken that much of it. But then the visit there was fun.

After dinner, we head back to Desire for the real thing. Nice place to dance and have a great time with friends.


It was a tiring day, but it's worth it in exchange of all the laughters we had together.

No comments: