Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Nikon P300

I remembered that day well.

I was about to head to Pulau Redang with my boyfriend and I just could not leave without bringing a camera there. With myself who just completed my degree's final exam, obviously I was not working at all. I had some savings after working at Chili's Grill Bar and I had decided to spend my whole life savings on a camera.

I went to this old authentic camera shop at my hometown, surprising to know that although it is an old fashion kind of shop, they have a lot of new cameras on display.

Looking around the cameras, comparing one after another for their features, design and price most importantly (I'm working on a budget you see), one particular camera cuaght my eye, Olympus μ Tough-6000. It's water resistant, shock resistant and from the name, it's tough.








So I had got myself my very first own camera. It was with me to almost everywhere. Pulau Redang, Phuket, Bangkok, Korea, Sabah, Alor Setar, the 21 Day Trip in Taiwan, Portugal, London.. It had been with me through all these places and captured beautiful smiles and memories of the trip.

As usual, on my Krabi trip, I brought my camera along as well. It being water resistant, I would had brought it along for swimming and island hopping. However, for some reason, my water resistant camera is no longer water resistant. Gosh.. I crushed my heart so much that my camera was not working during the whole trip. Depression and disappointment had hold of me. But then hey.. I'm in Krabi.. And I still have my iPhone with me. So eventually I did had a memorable trip in Krabi.

Having my Olympus μ Tough-6000 not functional anymore, I had to go for a different camera.

So I'm off for a camera shopping trip. I was hoping to get Linus LX5 or maybe Canon S95. There was this salesperson at a camera shop sharing with me his personal experience of using Linus LX5 which he found it quite disappointing, and he convinced me that Nikon P300 would be a better model for me. Me, a person who have minimal knowledge in cameras and photography, was instantly thankful that I brought a IT friend along. Well, at least he should be a bit more knowledgable than me right?? ^^''

After a long comparison of pictures taken by these three cameras, indeed, Nikon P300 did performed better than the others in some aspects and it's for a cheaper price. It's not that hard to argue which model to get when the performance are rather the same right? ^^''

I have no regrets getting Nikon P300, it's performance was far better than what I expected it to be. I was at awe when I found that it has panaroma features in it, I fell I love with my Nikon P300 and Olympus μ Tough-6000, thank you for being there for me and you will always be in my memories.

No comments: