Thursday, December 5, 2013

Application for the Certificate of Good Conduct

As I am about to get married to my future Taiwanese husband, I am hoping to stay there in Taiwan with my husband. I am planning to get the Joining Family Residence Visa (JFRV) for me to stay and work in Taiwan. This visa requires me to be married with a Taiwanese, which I will be soon. There is one document which they require, the Certificate of Good Conduct.

I had applied mine via online through the department's website. http://www.kln.gov.my/web/guest/online. It requires a password which you have to register for it. After registering, you may login and click on Application of Certificate of Good Conduct. Read through the article and after understanding, you may start to fill in the form. One thing that you will need to prepare, they requires you to attach along a passport photo, so just make sure you have a digital copy.

After filling in everything and submitting the form, you will be able to check on the status of your application. Although they state that they will require 1-2 months to complete the application, mine was ready to be collected within one week, very impressive. But then, do note that, they will not notify you, well, I was not notified in any way. I only got to know mine was ready because I was anxious, so it's better that you check the status of your application from time to time.

To collect the certificate, you have to go to Ministry of Foreign Affair in Putrajaya. The collection is quite straight forward, get a number, wait for your turn and pay RM20 for it, and it's done. Nice and simple.


No comments: