Friday, May 6, 2011

Traveling Around the World - Korea

안녕하세요! After a whole semester of hustle registering for the scholarship from UM to Korea, I'm going to Korea with all expenses paid..!! Well except for meals and shopping.

I attended International Summer Campus in Korea University, an awesome university. At our arrival to the university, we were at awe...!! Seriously.. The architecture was so amazing, from the outside it looks like those Western university, from the inside it has modern design.

We do have to attend classes here, since we are some sort of an exchange student. Classes here were fun and great, we have lecturers from different countries, the way they teach is so much different from the way our lecturers teach back home.


There was a solar ecllipse when we were there, and it was quite a long one too.

After class, it will be dinner time. My favorite time of the day, cause we will be going out for dinner. One of my favorite, 갈비 (Kalbi), slurppp... Korean barbecue is the best..!! Especially when it is buffet style, I will just take and take and take.

Another thing I love in Korea, frozen yogurt from Red Mango. Introduced by a friend, Cory. After having the first bite, I felt in love with it. Gosh.. I missed it too much..

Besides attending classes, we did traveling too. We visited places like Myeong Dong, Dong Dae Mun, Nam Dae Mub, Lotte.. These are a few famous shopping spots.
There is this place which I find it very unique, Insadong. The structure of the building is filled with creative designs.
We went to a few palaces too, can't really remember the name. And museums. One special museum that we went to was Kimchi Museum, we get to trying making our very own kimchi. Wohoo..~

We had a celebration of Ley Yee's birthday. Look at their Baskin Robin's cake.
Besides Seoul, we went to Jeju Island as well. A nice countryside style island, relaxing~ We went to an amazing waterfall, what's unique with this waterfall is that it's the meeting point of fresh water and sea water. Yes, it is located right beside the sea.

We went to Maze Land. Cory, we won...!!!
We also went to Sangumburi Crater, the view there is breathe taking. Wow.. How I wish my house have a view like this.


And Sunrise Peak, which is a volcanic crater which rise up from the shore. The place is called sunrise peak because it's the first place to greet the sunrise everyday. Really windy place, we had to climb from the bottom to the top of the crater, gosh.. tiring.. But it for the view, it worth every energy used.We went to watch Nanta as well, a comedy where they make music using kitchen utensils. Very entertaining and we had so much fun.
Before attending my graduation back home, I had a graduation in Korea.. Cool right? ^^
I enjoyed myself everyday of the whole six weeks there, meet a lot of new friends, experienced the culture of Korea. I will visit Korea again, hopefully some time soon~~ 보고싶어..!!

No comments: