Thursday, May 26, 2011

Traveling Around the World - Krabi

With AirAsia, everyone can fly. ^^

Bought my flights tickets a year ago to Krabi, was thinking back then 'Wow.. One more year?! That's so long.' Well, it's time already and I was so excited.

Krabi, a nice place to relax and chill. Met up with my Thai friends there, missed them so much, I think the last time I met them was two years back when I was in Bangkok. Gosh.. Time does fly..

We were suppose to stay in Sherathon, but.. there were some complication and we stayed in Success Beach Resort, owned by a family friend of my Thai friends, Pipe and Pope, twins. ^^


It was an awesome hotel, the swimming pool is so beautiful that it makes you feel like jumping in and stay there. The breakfast, wow.. All I remember was the buffet line filled with so much delicious food waiting for me.. MMmmmmMMmmm...


Of course, even if the hotel is that fantastic, we did went out of it. We went to the beach, breathe taking view. Ao Nang beach seems so calm and chill at low season, that's what I love about it, no crowd.




We went island hopping in long tail boats, new experience as usually we will go on speed boats.




We went to Hong Island, a new island which was not touched too much just yet, it's a small piece of heaven on earth to me. The first step on to the beach made me felt madly in love with the island. The beach is so soft and the water was so cooling, and the view is to die for. I sure wish I could stay here and to have a view like this every morning I wake up. We did snorkelling and kayaking around the island, it was just too much fun and too much sun for Pope and Wat. ^^''






Ahh.. The sunset at Ao Nang beach. Had dinner at a restaurant by the beach with this view, what a nice way to end the day. The four days there we had so much delicious food for breakfast till dinner. I seriously can't remember all the name of the food in Thai, yet I manage to remember one, "Penang Kai", some chicken cooked with coconut and spicy, mouth watering.




We went to a hot spring waterfall. Nice little place to relax and rejuvenate your skin after being in the sun. The temperature of the water is just nice, not too warm yet not too cold. I could had fell asleep there.

On the last day we went for dim sum for breakfast, adorable way to display dim sum, very different compared back home.





Managed to understand a bit more on Thai culture. Thai people are mostly Buddhist and they are very passionate with their religion. In this trip, my friend brought us to two temples, and they will pray in each of them. We went to the local market to get flowers and vegetarian food before heading to the temple. This are meant to be offering to the monks. We followed the monks as we said our prayers (obviously I did not, the prayers were all in Thai).


I manage to learn a bit of Thai, I can count from one to ten, maybe even up to hundred as the structure is similar with Mandarin. Thai people are just so creative in naming things. For example, aloe vera in Thai is crocodile tail if we were to make a direct translation.


Thai like using 5555++ (=hahahaha..), as five in Thai is pronounced as ha. ^^


I enjoyed so much during this trip that I felt so reluctant to come back for work. Gosh.. A place which I would plan to visit again.


Krabi trip, the mark of the beginning of my trips to come in 2011, a lot more to come this year, looking forward. ^^

No comments: