Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Informing The Parents

I was proposed to by my boy friend when I was visiting him early August, where he proposed to me at a casual lunch out with friends. I was a great surprised, and was touched as he did so much preparation for my birthday video and organizing everything to ensure it was a huge surprise.

So after the proposal, when I got home, (finally had wifi) my phone was blasting with congratulatory notes from friends and family. My mum had the most epic message for me, "Why didn't you inform me of thing?" I was like, I was surprised myself? My sister on the other hand, was thrilled, as this is her bright and honorary moment to become the bride's maid. I know my parents were just concern as they don't really know my fiance that well. But, I really do not know how to answer that very simple question.

The moment of truth, heading back home to face my parents. Well, to be frank, it was not that bad, especially my dad. He said he will not object, just that he would like to know more about things, things about Ice and his family, his career, his future plans, more like getting to know him. As for my mum, she is still mad about her not being the first on earth to know. (Gosh..!) But she is still all good with it. ^^

So, let's see how the planning of the wedding will go then. Looking through processes and documentations for ROM (not a simple task) and making sure the facts we gathered are accurate.

Still a long way to go, but I am glad I have you with me all the way. ^^


No comments: