Saturday, July 23, 2011

Traveling Around the World - Venice, Italy

From Slovenia, we took the night train to Venice.. There was a delay for the train, it was delayed for like an hour plus, which is better than the last round where another friend who visited Slovenia and the train had like a delay of more than 3 hours, causing my friend to almost missed his flight.

Well, you know trains.. Bumpy, crowded.. But we had to get some sleep since we will be in Venice in the morning and there will be so many exciting things to see.

Stepping out of the train that morning, filled will all the anxiety for Venice. Venice is a city which is so alive. There are activities going on no matter which part of the city you are in.


There were so many tourists around. You could hardly see a local around. Even the storekeeper was not local, mainly Chinese.


No cars, that's for one. Everything is transported using boats. Everyone here seems so busy and are always on the move.

Our hotel was a nice and cozy place in Venice. No lifts, so there's stairs. Gosh.. My luggage...!! Thanks Peter..~

We walked around Venice, looking at the stuff they are selling in shops and stall. We went to a park to chill and enjoy the sun for a bit.


Venice at night is very romantic for a change. It is nice and quiet. You could here violins almost around every corner.


And since I will be spending my last day in Europe here in Venice, I went shopping for souvenirs, which I don't really like doing. Gosh.. Shopping.. I'm fine.. But getting souvenirs are the hard part. You would want to get something nice and useful which people won't end up tossing it away. Start counting who are the people you would want to give them to and all.




One thing that you cannot miss in Venice, Spaghetti..!! They are just brilliantly delicious, simply just perfectly cooked.


And of course a cup of coffee and sitting my the sidewalk of a cafe. Simply marvellous.

Venice is a place where you could easily get lost as every street looks the same, every shop seems the same. And as we were lost, we came to this big art piece. It was so beautiful and the incredible part is that this master piece was actually made from individually painted eggs. Cool...!!



My trip to Venice with Tea was fun and memorable. I love my friend so much and I am sure I will miss her too. After all these days spending fun times together, we finally had to say good bye, which is saddening and hard.

Hope that we will be able to meet each other again next year. Take care darling~

No comments: