Saturday, July 23, 2011

Traveling Around the World - Nova Gorica, Slovenia and Trieste, Italy

Next stop, Nova Gorica...!!

We went to this beautiful place, more greens and trees, perfect weather for a walk. It's like a forest trail where we walk pass this river through a bridge. The water of the river was blue and it was so clear. You could even count the pebbles in the river.



As we walk deeper into the forest, the more green it got. The air here was cool and refreshing, this is seriously a great escape from the city. The view inside the forest is just mesmerizing. Hope I wish I could just live here.



The main attraction of this walk was this breathe taking waterfall, Waterfall Kozjak. The water is actually cooling and freezing, matched up with the cold breeze makes a perfect combination for a chilling, relaxing evening stroll.



Next we went to this Italian church, where we were about the brief history on what happened here during the world war. This is the place where they memoir the Italians who fought for the war.



In Slovenia, I have to say, we had so many meals of barbecue, and I'm not complaining. They are awesomely mouth watering, hot dogs, peppers, salads, Chevapchichi...!! ^^





Next, we went to Gonjače Tower. It's build on a hill, and climbing up the stairs are seriously scary. Well, I'm a afraid of heights, but I'm here, so why not. You can actually feel the tower moving when the wind blows. (Gosh.. I can't feel my legs) The view up here is just spectacular. I would stay here longer, but the heights are getting into me.





Yum..!! I am madly in love with the desserts they serve here. They are so many variety and they are all sinfully good.



This bridge is one of the longest stone built bridge in Slovenia. Stone built..!!



We went to the borders of Slovenia and Italy. There was no border..!! Some part of my body are in Italy and some are in Slovenia. Cool...!!



We went to Triesta, Italy. We visited Miramare castle. It's located along the coast, great view, awesome castle.



From the palace, you can see fish swimming in the water below. It's freaking clear seawater.



We then went back to nature a bit, Rilke path. I love walks, especially in the woods.

This is the reward you get for walking all the way, the view of the Italian coast. ^^

To be continued~~

No comments: