Monday, November 26, 2012

An Annual Review of 2012

Wow..! Look how time flies. It's already the last week of November and December is coming soon.If the Mayans are correct, the end of the world is coming in less than a month's time. Gosh..~

Was reading back on my post which I wrote in the beginning of the year. Some goals I had there. Hahahaha..

To make a quick review or a summary of things I would like to remember on what I did this year.

Let's start with something which I love the very most, traveling.
1. Traveled to Bangkok, again, three years in a row now, for APRRC Bangkok 2012.
2. Traveled to Melbourne and Tasmania, and gosh.. I really loved the place. This was an awesome trip and the hike in the snow made it simply memorable.
3. Traveled to Hong Kong and Macau, I would say I was a good catch up session there, meeting friends from Hong Kong and Macau.
4. Trip to Cameron and staying at Hard Rock Penang. AWESOME...!!

Besides traveling, I was visited by friends too. And also going to be visited by friends.
5. RAC Manila visiting Malaysia, how much I miss Candy and Jarl.
6. Friend from Taiwan visiting Malaysia during New Year's Eve. Yay..~ (Ok, I do see a trend here where I always have foreign friends visiting the country over New Year's eve.)

What else had I done? There are some random things which was done.
7. Big Trill and Extreme Skytrex are completed, for the record. Yes!
8. Marathon. So far I had completed Standard Charted Run, BSN Night Run, and Terry Fox Run each 5km. And I will be going for HSBC Charity Run too. Not too bad. Hmm...
9. Singing live on stage. This one is definitely something to remember, singing Thousand Year with Aaron live on stage during my club's installation, man.. it was a fantastic feeling..!
10. Zookeeper. Yea.. Something which I don't think I would ever forget.
11. Rotaract projects.There are tonnes of them, from StART concerts to Royal Selangor visits, Medical Camps, I Choose to Reuse, Random Act of Kindness, Rotary Wish Tree. Wow.. Just let the list grow.
12. Picking up badminton. I don't really know the sport, but at least I had got the chance to play and improve on it.
13. Stand Up Comedy. It was so much fun listening to Harith Iskandar and Douglas Lim. I remembered watching Iskandar in one of the Rotary events way way back.
14. Watched Russell Peter in Bangkok. This guy is just hilarious. There is not one moment that you are not laughing when he is on stage.
15. Did a presentation on Traveling Tips. My favorite topic, it was impromptu and it was so much fun sharing the things I know and the one thing I love doing.
16. Learn to play a guitar. Yup, and I am still learning. I know, noob, but hey, at least I'm trying right?
17. Making new friends. This is definitely something to look forward for, friends.
18. Got my very own iPad.. Woohoo..~~

And of course some expected events.
19. Graduating for my masters.
20. Being the Secretary of my club and also the IS Director for the District. (That's a mouth full)
21. Committee of my company's teambuilding, again. (I can start complaining?)

And also some events which I thought would happen but no.
22. Did not manage to get my own place
23. Did not manage to go to Camp 5 for wall climbing, ish...~

Hmm.. Can't recall anymore events that I would like to remember, but then I am sure there's definitely more. Seems to be a great year, might not be perfect but it was great.

Looking forward for December, another busy month before the year ends. Registering for FRM, going for the last marathon of the year, attending weddings and also hosting my Taiwanese friends. I would not had imagined a better way to end the year.

I guess I am ready for 2013, hope things will work out as planned. (*fingers crossed*)

No comments: