Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Dragon Year of 2012

Had a great kick start of 2012.

*flashback*

31 December 2011, Tim came visiting me here in Kuala Lumpur, and it's new year's eve, what else can we do? Countdown..! Whee~~ Brought Tim all around Kuala Lumpur, the typical KLCC and KL Tower, and we walked around Petaling Street and Central Market, a place where you'll experience the vibes of life in KL.

Our countdown, hmm.. The tricky part.. We planned to have our countdown in Pavillion or Sungai Wang, the Golden Triangle. The place was packed with so many people that you could barely even move..!! (Thank god that we can still breathe) Everything is everywhere.. Local and foreign artists having their mini concerts in Sg Wang and the DJ was blasting at Pavillion. Seriously the place to be for countdowns.. Yet, Tim was feeling under the weather, hence we headed back to his hotel, Reggae Mansion.

Ok, I'm not trying to overrate this place, but this is seriously a place to stay if you are ever in KL and you would like to go on backpacking. It's simply a cozy place, worth every penny you paid, and it doesn't cost much. To be honest, when Tim told me that he will be staying at some backpacker place near Masjid Jamek, I was like gosh~ But this place is way out of my expectation. Recommended..!!

So now back to our countdown.. We headed back to Reggae Mansion and sat at the lobby. It was around 11-ish, was really worried about Tim as he was really feeling unwell. But lucky after resting at the lobby, Tim starts to feel better. Another point to add, this hotel has their own bar on the roof top which is only opened for inhouse guests ( +1 mark) and the hotel is located in between Dataran Merdeka and the Golden Triangle (+1 mark). Ya~ My point is that even though there was no crowd and no DJ blasting, we still get to enjoy the fireworks when the clock strikes 12. Happy New Year~!!

2012
A new chapter of my life. There are so many things I wish will come to an end along with 2011, and there are much more things to accomplish this year.

To start with, I had finished my finals for my masters, and pray to God I will be truly done with it (*fingers crossed*). The moment I stepped out of the examination hall on the 10 January 2012 at 12.08pm, a felt relieved, a happier person. I'm free...!! So now I will be a 'full time white collar' instead of a 'full time white collar cum. part time master student'. That I would say deserves an applause. *clap clap clap* ^^

Moving on, there are a lot of unhappy things, saddening events and disappointments which I will be leaving them to end along with 2011. I need to start fresh, start living my life as I should had, with a smile on my face everyday, not because I have to, but because I felt like it. We only live once, so make every moment count.

So, my new year's resolution. Hmm.. Had put a lot of thoughts in it.. So here goes
1) Graduate from my master
2) Travel more (who doesn't want to right? ^^)
3) Spend more time with my family and friends, making it up to all the time which was lost during last few years and of course my darling snowball
4) Fall in love again, with someone who worth every bit of it
5) Rotaract love~ "Reach Within to Embrace Humanity" --> "Peace Through Service"
6) Perform in my job
7) Finish reading my pile of books while it grows
8) Start to love my life, love every little tiny detail of it
9) To own a smile which comes from the heart

There, I think the list will grow as time passes~ Let it be, as long as it's getting better.. ^^

Here we go, 2012..~~

No comments: